Why I created this Website:
- To Raise Rare Disease Awareness.
- To show how adversity can elicit hidden strength, and I hope to inspire people to live life to its fullest and reach for their dreams.
- To impress upon people the value of life. Life is for living, loving, and experiencing everything and everyone in our world or other worlds (Yes, I would like to take the NORD banner for a walk on the Moon, but that is for another day).
- 57 year old, wife and mother.
- Diagnosed with Wegener’s granulomatosis, August 1, 2007.
- Functionally blind in left eye (from disease).
- On a immunosuppressant medication to control disease.
- Retired part-time faculty, California State University, Fullerton, Health Science Department.
- Keynote Speaker.
- Master of Science in Kinesiology, graduated summa cum laude, California State University, Fullerton.
- Summited Mt. Everest on May 23, 2010.
- Completed 1000-mile Iditarod Sled Dog Race on March 22, 2015.
- SCUBA Diving
- Sled Dog Mushing
- Ballroom Dancing
- Mountain Climbing
- Underwater videography
- Loving my wonderful husband of 25 years
- Awareness Advocate for the National Organization of Rare Disorders and the Vasculitis Foundation.
- SCUBA Divemaster, CSUF, 1992 to Present.
- First Aid and CPR Instructor, American Red Cross, 1993 to 2002.
- Graduate-Student Member, Institutional Review Board, CSUF, 1993 to 1996.
- Reaching Beyond the Clouds: From Undiagnosed to Climbing Mt. Everest, published August 2011
- Banner on the Moon, a feature-length documentary chronicling my journey (2016).
- Manuscript publication, International Journal of Sport Psychology, 1999.